Hello 2014! Filled with new possibilities. Filled with new opportunities to learn, to grow, to expand, to challenge ourselves. How do we move into this New Year ahead in ways that we open to all that awaits us on our horizon?
5 Things I know matter, no matter what:
1. Health matters. Yes, no dodging this one. We are biochemical machines. That is, because our body functions on nerve impulses and a chemical exchange of vital nutrients, we must honor this process of creating health and vitality, if we want to produce lasting results in all areas of our life. Creating healthy eating and healthy lifestyle practices builds a solid, healthy foundation for us to produce big giant success and overcome challenges that we encounter in our lives!
2. 100% Accountabilty matters. Have you ever heard anyone say that a relationship is 50-50? Consider this. If I am in relationship with you,
3. and I hold myself accountable for only 50% of the relationship, then I hold a backdoor open, to leave, to give up, to blame, to throw in the towel. How does that build a solid foundation of relationship, of trust? Now imagine that I am in relationship with you and you know that I am in 100%. Surely the foundation is different. Surely, if you know I am a 100% kind of girl, well then, that is going to show up in all areas of life very differently. Yes? What is possible then?
3. Action matters. We can talk all day long about what we care about, about what we want to do, about what we are committed to and what we treasure, but until rubber meets the road, until we get off the bleachers and onto the court of our life, well, it’s just talk. It’s cheerleading. It’s not playing full out! Action is where life happens. And yes, that means a formidable measure of a highly regarded and very underrated action, self-discipline!
4. Reflection and breath work matter. Many of us feel as though there is virtually no time to add a healthy New Year’s practice into our daily lives. We have some how created a “reason” system that keeps us from getting to the things that matter, that give us joy and enrich our lives. Reflection. Breathwork. Meditation. Call it what you like, but time alone, to powerfully center ourselves with our breath, with our heartbeat, with our “truest-selves” draws us closer to this Universal Force that gives us the gift of life. If even for only 5 minutes in the morning, and 5 minutes at night we draw inward and connect to this Force, we discover strengths we never knew we had, love we thought was not possible, kindness that seemed impossible. Taking time to center ourselves not only floods our body with vital oxygen, it ushers in creative energy because we’ve taken the time to simply be. On a very physical level, our body responds to this honoring, this commitment, in often very surprising ways.
5. Know your purpose matters. We can make pages and pages of goals we are committed to causing in 2014, but if we do not know why we are committed to causing them, our well-intentioned goals will bottom-out. Why do we want to lose weight? Why do we want a new job? Why do we want to go on vacation, get flat abs, make more money, be happier? When we get powerfully related to “our why” in everything and anything we do, major shifts WILL occur.
To a year of endless extraordinary possibilities!