Throughout life we unwittingly take on the behaviors of those we are closest to and end up becoming who they are, their habits, their outlooks, their approaches and even their philosophies on life. The foundation on which we build our whole life is a sum part of the thoughts, ideas and outlooks of the people we grew up with, and spent/spend the most time with … until we get that who we are is not who we want to be!
I have compiled a mini-list of time-tested practices for you to implement into your day to get healthy, in mind, body and Sprit!
- Stop eating as soon as you feel full. We often feel guilty about how much food we consume after we have walked away from our plate. Stop associating negative feelings with your delicious dinner; all you have to do is make a small change in your eating habits: stop eating as soon as you begin to feel full!
- Juice. Mostly vegetables. Juicing alone can transform your life, because, like an IV, the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, enzymes and phytonutrients bypass digestion and go straight to your cells.
- Take time to meditate. Meditation helps us to stop and quiet our minds. Do you know that meditation literally tames the voice in your head? Yes, meditation can slow down that obsessive think gin! Meditation also builds resilience and thickens the gray matter in our brain, the region known for self-awareness and compassion. If you lead a busy lifestyle and feel disjointed and scattered, I highly recommend developing a meditation practice. Heck, I recommend a meditation practice even if you are not scattered! Who couldn’t use a little more self-awareness and compassion?
- Take yourself on a date. Most of us drive hard everyday, but how often do we take time to celebrate ourselves? Plan a date with yourself! Take yourself out to your favorite restaurant, a quiet, cozy bookstore, schedule time to meet friends, or go pick apples at a local apple orchard. Create time in your day, in your week to do something for YOU.
- Book a massage. The benefits of massage are endless. A few:
- Relieves stress
- Improves circulation
- Strengthens the immune system
- Encourages relaxation
- Why? Because it works!
A massage is great way to release tension, detoxify your body, release anxiety, and more.
- Try a yoga class or go to the gym. Are you looking to release tension, aggression, and anxiety all while improving your physical fitness and sleep habits? Research demonstrates over and over and over again, that people who consistently engage in physical fitness activity are less stressed, and have a better night’s sleep!