Many want to do a detox, especially at this time of year, with health goals one of the top most sought after resolutions.
But bear this in mind, your colon is your ‘waste managing system’ in your body. If you’re not efficiently releasing waste matter from your colon, with at least 2-3 healthy bowel movements a day, you’re likely constipated, and/or suffering from any of the myriad of health challenges that result from this problem = Your waste processing plant is now septic, so clearing your colon is your first ‘order of the day.’
Constipation is one of the top most common problems in the United States… and unbeknown to many, chronic constipation and the septic stagnancy it causes in the body is the root of all illness.
I remember when I used to host my first online detoxes, many would say, but I’m so bloated.
Detoxing can be very preemptive and problematic, if you’re chronically constipated, because you don’t yet know the breadth and depth of harm caused by microbial and pathogenic overgrowth and other toxins in your colon, and throughout your body.
If you want to do a detox to lose weight, reduce cravings, reverse premature aging and restore your health, you first need to get your bowels to release toxic waste matter 2-3 times per day.
Here are 6 ways you can support regular elimination:
- Eat your water and drink your food. What does that mean? To eat your water means to eat water-dense foods, by including boatloads of fresh vegetables and fruits daily. Water-dense foods will hydrate your body, and especially your likely impacted-with-old-waste-mater colon in ways it sorely needs, if you’ve been consuming a more Standard American Diet, that’s laden with dense, dry, nutrient devoid foods, this will help you bring more life-force to your cells, tissue and… colon To drink your food means to ensure you’re getting the vitamins, minerals, photo chemicals and life-force energy, the vital force of Life (electricity) the earth, sun and air provide, especially if your digestion is impaired. You do this by drinking 16-32 ounces of fresh pressed vegetable juices daily. Drinking green vegetable juices daily is my top recommendation because they’re like an IV — The nutrients go straight to you cells and tissues, which you need more than ever, if your digestive processes, like absorption, assimilation and eliminating have been impaired too.
- Move your body daily. Every form of movement, from a relaxing walk, to a rigorous run, and everything in between, will increase the kinetic energy in your body, to promote natural peristalsis. This is what we’re all after. Healthy peristalsis means healthy eliminations. Healthy eliminations you’re on the road to looking and feeling your best again!
- Reduce stress. Stress is a common culprit with chronic constipation. Try this: Clench your body, including your teeth, the muscles on your face, and your fists and hold for 10-20 seconds. Now release the clenching. THAT IS what stress does inside our body. It causes contraction. Contraction is the opposite of what we want, to promote healthy bowel regularity. Releasing stress, releasing the contractive state allows calm, clarity and balance to return. You want to support inner calm. Everything good happens in life, when the body is in homeostasis, in balance, in all ways.
- Hydrate. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. You want to ensure that your body is hydrated. A hydrated body helps waste mater move from point A to point B, efficiently.
- Herbal support. Include non-irritating bowel-moving herbs, like Triphala, ginger root, and aloe vera to support movement of waste matter out of your body.
- Carbons. Include carbons, like Bioactive Carbons from Microbe Formulas. I LOVE MF formulations in general, because they are NOT a bandaid line of supplements, but a line created to remove everything that does not belong inside a human body (radiation, herbicides, pesticides, mold, parasites, Lyme… ), and rebuild from the cellular level up. Carbons, also known as humic and fulvic acids, are a composition of decomposed plant life that are laden with carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, the elements that make up 96% of the human body. Bioactive carbons contain amino acids, enzymes, hormones, antivirals, minerals, trace elements, natural antibiotics, natural fungicides, and free-radical scavengers, and move easily through the body, bind to toxins, and rebuild and restore tissue.
If you’ve suffered from constipation for years, there are likely other issues you need to address, like parasites, to resolve this problem fully, but addressing constipation, and the obstruction it leaves behind, before taking on a full-body detox, is your primary objective.
Questions? Please feel free to email me, or leave your comments below.