Fresh cranberries are available for only a short season each year, so I say put the traditional canned, or overly processed cranberry sauce aside this year and try my Fresh Cranberry & Fruit Relish for your holiday festivities.
Every ingredient is fresh, healthy and distinct to the season, with their bright, tart and sweet flavors blending in perfect balance. Since this recipe is not cooked, I recommend you make it the day before, so all the flavors marinated and meld together.
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and deseeded
- 1 large orange, peeled and deseeded
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice (only to achieve desired texture)
- Stevia to taste
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Reserve a few whole cranberries and thin orange skin curls for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Pulse each ingredient separately in a food processor. Add to bowl on the side. When done pulsing, add orange juice (to achieve desired texture), stevia and sea salt. Pulse fresh ginger if desired, and add with cinnamon. Mix to thoroughly combine.
Garnish with whole cranberries and/or orange skin curls.*
* To Make the Orange Curls: Make a slice through one side of the peel and the pulp, all the way up to the rind on the other side. Cut the pulp off of the peel so that you have one long thin strip of peel. Twist the peel into a curly-q shape. The peel will naturally hold its shape.
After you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you and your family liked it in the comments below! Happy Holidays!